Conference Day One
HIGHLIGHTING RECENT CABLE PROJECTS AND THE DIFFERENT COMMERCIAL MODELS FOR CABLE SYSTEMS
9:45 AM - 10:15 AM Product line optimization for submarine cable upgrade and terrestrial backhauling applicationsGuillaume Crenn , Product Line and Marketing Director, Ekinops
10:15 AM - NaN:NaN AM Meeting the African market’s increasing bandwidth demands by hunting for new routes to avoid congestionAntónio Nunes, CEO, Angola Cables Artur Mendes, CCO, Angola Cables
- Discussing the current opportunities in the African market and analysing how operators can overcome cost and technological challenges
- Highlighting best practices to avoid cable congestion and failures in the future
- Forecasting the future growth in the African market and highlighting new and upcoming projects in the region
10:45 AM - 11:15 AM Networking break
11:15 AM - NaN:NaN AM Upgrading capacity and extending the life of submarine cable systemsPraveen Agarwal, Business Head for GCC Region, Bharti Airtel Mohamed Nasr, AVP, PCCW Global Loucas Balis, Product Marketing Manager, OTEGlobe S.A Mahesh Jaishankar, VP, du Jamil Al Koussa, International Business Development, Omantel
- Discussing the technical challenges operators need to bear in mind before upgrades
- Is there a possibility to extend the life of submarine cables to beyond 25 years?
- Analysing best methods to recover and re-use existing systems
Praveen AgarwalBusiness Head for GCC Region
Loucas BalisProduct Marketing Manager
Jamil Al KoussaInternational Business Development
12:00 PM - NaN:NaN AM Discussing the commercial models of developing submarine cable systems and how it affects the investment decisionMohamed Nasr, AVP, PCCW Global
- Providing an in-depth understanding of the different models of submarine systems including consortia, private or hybrid
- Why carriers or investors will chose one model over another?
- How is the model different from one region to another?
12:30 PM - NaN:NaN AM Modern Submarine Cables: How upgradeable are they and what is the impact on investment decisions?Dr Colin G Wallace VP Sales for Submarine, ICP and IXP EMEA, VP Sales for Submarine, ICP and IXP EMEA, Ciena
1:00 PM - 2:00 PM Networking Lunch
2:00 PM - NaN:NaN AM Roundtable session: Submarine cable project updates
This is an interactive session allowing delegates to get an opportunity to meet with cable operators, owners and project leaders. During this session, cable developers will give a quick update about the latest developments on happening with these cable projects and how these projects will impact the industry. They will share lessons learnt, timelines and plans for future developments.
2:00 PM - NaN:NaN AM AAE-1 - Asia-Africa-Europe 1Loucas Balis, Product Marketing Manager, OTEGlobe S.A
AAE-1 - Asia-Africa-Europe 1 is a 25,000km submarine cable from South East Asia to Europe across Egypt, connecting Hong Kong, Vietnam, Cambodia, Malaysia,Singapore, Thailand, India, Pakistan, Oman, UAE, Qatar, Yemen, Djibouti, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Greece, Italy and France. The cable construction agreement was signed in 2014 and the cable is currently in its commissioning stage
Loucas BalisProduct Marketing Manager
2:00 PM - NaN:NaN AM SEA-ME-WE 5Mahesh Jaishankar, VP, du
The SEA-ME-WE 5 (SMW5) is a 20,000km submarine cable system connecting 17 countries from Singapore to the Middle East to France and Italy in Western Europe, with a capacity of 24 tbps. The construction and maintenance agreement of the cable was signed in 2014
2:00 PM - NaN:NaN AM Africa 1Haitham Zahran, General Manager, Projects Development, Telecom Egypt
The Africa 1 is planned to be a 12,000 km long cable along Africa’s east coast with up to an additional 5,000 km for branches. The construction agreement is to be signed soon. This roundtable will provide further details about this new cable system
Haitham ZahranGeneral Manager, Projects Development