- Discussing the technical challenges operators need to bear in mind before upgrades
- Is there a possibility to extend the life of submarine cables to beyond 25 years?
- Analysing best methods to recover and re-use existing systems
2:00 PM SEA-ME-WE 5
The SEA-ME-WE 5 (SMW5) is a 20,000km submarine cable system connecting 17 countries from Singapore to the Middle East to France and Italy in Western Europe, with a capacity of 24 tbps. The construction and maintenance agreement of the cable was signed in 2014
- Analysing how content providers can fulfil their increasing bandwidth requirements
- Is there a business model for both carriers and OTTs to work together on new submarine projects?
- Why are OTTs building their own networks instead of leveraging from existing submarine cables? How to find a win-win solution for both OTT and carriers?